Wednesday, November 19, 2014

When I say I don't cook...

I mean it. I really don't. Mr does all the cooking. I can do prepping - I live to plan - but I do not live to cook.

I also live to eat... but that's another story.

The extent of my 'cooking' is assembling ingredients, and that's why we usually include a few simple meals throughout the week. How our kids get breakfast and lunch every day is some sort of miracle. I need simple. Like this weeks Taco Salad.


Mr has class on Tuesdays and Thursday nights so he usually makes something before he leaves by 4 that I can serve up later, or I 'make' something. Taco Salad is easy for me to make not mess up. I open a bag of chips, toss in some shredded lettuce, open a can of black beans, throw on some shredded cheese, and chop some bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno peppers (for the grown ups). Usually we have salsa to top it with (but somebody... cough cough... ate it all) and I'm a sucker for sour cream. 

Full disclosure: I even asked Mr to do all the chopping before he left... I'm really bad, guys. I guess I can forgive him for eating all the salsa ;) 

No comments :

Post a Comment