Friday, January 3, 2014

Ain't No Party Like a Mouse House Party!

Big is about to turn the big T.W.O. and I am so excited about his party this year. Who am I kidding, I am excited to throw a party any year, but it is so exciting that Big actually "gets" it this year and is excited about helping pick things out. I was thinking about a monkey theme since he is an expert at making monkey noises complete with arm motions and everything. I took him to the store one day where he found monkey cups and began making EEEK EEKK OOO OOO noises in the middle of the store isle. That settled it. Monkey party it was.
I made up some quick invitations with a monkey clip art I found on Google Images and a rhyme I made up inspired by Big's adorable monkey sounds. It's not unusual for me to make invites and I love to let Big personalize them in some way. I usually let him color on the envelopes in his adorable, little kid scribble but I had an "I'm a genius and this should be on Pinterest it's so awesome" idea.

So, I present to you my "I'm a genius" Invitation Idea. It is so simple, I am surprised I haven't seen it anywhere before.

I went to Google Image search and looked up "Monkey Coloring Pages" and found this cute little guy:

I found this guy here.

I opened up a Word Document, went to Page Layout, and changed my size to a 4x6 page. I also changed the orientation to Landscape. With these settings, I now had a page that was the size of my invitation envelopes. I imported the coloring page, re-sized it to fit, added a text box, and typed in the names and addresses of my party people using a cute font. 

Font: Smiley Monster

I printed out each envelope as I finished. My Canon MP560 made it easy for me to re-size the paper to a 4x6 setting since I also use it to print pictures, but most printers have an envelope setting. 

After I printed all of the addresses, I picked out a few, carefully selected crayons to give to Big. I didn't want him using anything too dark, so orange, yellow, tan, and green were perfect choices. 


Big had a great time coloring the pages and making monkey sounds while doing it! I love that he was able to add his own personal touch to the invites we will be sending out. 

Genius, I know. 


No comments :

Post a Comment