Monday, April 17, 2017

Dollar Tree Easter Basket Haul

We are on the road this Easter and the Easter bunny was one smart cookie. He visited our hotel and packed baskets full of activities we could all play with when we were stuck inside (while Cor had some work to do.)


Dollar Tree "Dough" comes in packs of 8. That's EIGHT colors for $1. So each kid got 2 tossed in their basket. And if you're like us, play doh is a disposable toy. We attempt to save it for a second play, but usually it gets smushed all together anyway. So I'd rather have a few small colors anyway. Usually I keep a pack of 8 colors hidden somewhere and pull out one for a restless kid.

Princess books came in a pack of TWO so each girl got one tossed in her basket.

There's something about ring pops that make my kids go Cray. And they came in a 4 pack. And I (obviously) like things that come in 4s.

Each Big Kid got a Easter paint set. Each came with 2 pictures to paint. And we also will use the paint for the next fun thing...

Build your own race car. For ONE DOLLAR! The boys could not WAIT to rip into these things and they were so so simple. Each pack came with all the wooden pieces pre cut and a small tube of wood glue. My almost 4 year old and 5 year old were obsessed! The Easter Bunny should have bought a few more (they come in different sets too!)

Ay got a pack of shape Flash cards to help her with Speech Therapy. Because words are hard, yo.

Socks!!! If your house is like mine, your mini van eats socks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't know what it is, but there's something my kids love about throwing socks around the van like confetti. And each pack came with three pairs of socks. Good thinking, Bunny!

Number/Letter DRY ERASE practice books! Say whaaaat?? Cam needs to practice writing his name and when I... I mean... The Easter Bunny... saw these books, she hopped on it (see what I did there?). The boys can practice writing their letters and numbers and wipe them clean and start again. I also grabbed a pack of 4 dry erase pens at the Dollar Tree too.

Each kid also got some Jelly Bean candy (but they were well and gone by the time I got to take pictures of their stuff). And Bunny ears... That were on their heads all day long. And Ay got a little purse. What I'm really saying here is that I failed at getting a fantastic photo of all the sweet things they got. My bad.

There was a few more items not from the Dollar Tree that rounded out their baskets. Each kid got a new outfit. The Big Kids got a Skylander (thanks 5 Below for an awesome 3 pack for $5!). Baby Air even had the Trolls movie tucked in her basket! Lucky Lady!



Over all, we had a fantastic Easter, despite traveling for 13 hours, and now we have some fun things to do in our hotel. Win Win.

No comments :

Post a Comment